Thread: painting hand gun lower

painting hand gun lower

So my neighbor gave me a ISSC M22 about a month ago to fix. It's not the best gun but I got it in working order and was told to keep it. Now the lower is bright pink. As manly as it would to carry a bright neon pink gun around I don't want that kinda attention drawn to me, so I wanna paint the lower. I already know rattle can is out of the question due to wearing off. I found a poly dye kit on amazon, I was wondering if that was an option. Duracoat and cerakote are just too pricey in my opinion.

Thanks in advance,
    Scotty
    Remington 870 Express 12Ga, 26" Smooth Bore Barrel

How about having it hydro dipped? I did a Glock 23 in digital desert camo and it came of great.
    The devil made me do it the first time. The second time I done it on my own!

I don't know anything about hydro dipping. How well would it hold up for everyday use and how expensive is it?

It didn't wear off at all. Pretty tough stuff. I'm sure you could find a place to do it for around $50.00 or less. There's kits that you can get to do it yourself. It's kind of like dipping an Easter egg. You would have to completely disassemble the frame, though.
    The devil made me do it the first time. The second time I done it on my own!

Sounds simple enough. I'll definitely look into it thanks!

Could something go wrong when you're doing this on your own or do the kits make it fool-proof basically?

Tagged, this seems like a very interesting thread