Thread: usn 1974 to 1997

usn 1974 to 1997

sorry the ride had to end.
    but its good to be retired.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member Navy Shooting Team

Congrats. It's not all that bad, just find yourself something to do. I retired in April 2014 after 28 years on LE. Got out at a good time. Now I just occupy my time working part-time a few days a week, riding my Harley in the summer and hunting in the fall/winter months. Have fun and enjoy!
    The devil made me do it the first time. The second time I done it on my own!

I can't wait...only 40 more years and I'll be free to retire.

I run a shooting range as a hobby in mo. the gun aspect of the military is still in me.
    Retired Naval Aviation

I had Grand Parents who used to live in Herman, Mo. We used to visit there every summer when we were kids. Thay both died many years ago and I haven't been back there since. I uysed to love it there on their propery way out in the country with nothing else around but critters.
    The devil made me do it the first time. The second time I done it on my own!

that's my place. 47 miles to town. quiet. and no ships. lol.
    Retired Naval Aviation

My dad was in the USN for a few years in the mid 70s aboard a destroyer. Mostly in the South Pacific and around South Africa.

To haunt your memories:

I still walk the decks of my old ships in my sleep.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Retired Naval Aviation

talk about a haunt....I served 8 years on the enterprise on the west coast in the 70's-80's.
    in 2014 it came around the horn for its last cruise and moored in Newport news, (where it was made) to be dismantled.
    there it is.....now that is a haunt.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Retired Naval Aviation

I know your story well Bob USN retired 1977-1998 aviation electronics tech. also Former Member Navy Shooting Team shot a lot of Skeet with BOB