Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Remington Versa Max 12 Gauge chokes!

Remington Versa Max 12 Gauge chokes!

I have a new Versa Max with the chokes that protrude from the barrel, and was wondering if anyone knows who makes, or sells, an aftermarket turkey choke that will outperform the factory choke? The standard Rem chokes for the other models will not fit due to the longer forcing cone, and threads!

how do like the versa max?
    glock 22 duty
    S&W 642 off duty
    mauser 98 woods
    mossburg marsh

I love it! The rib is moderately high to find targets easier, the sight is fiber optic for aquiring targets easy, and it cycles every kind of ammo without any hesitation. I have owned Benelli's, and I would rate this above it so far. The price is right on target for a gun of its magnitude as well. The stocks finish is superb, and the rubber gripping really aids in sloppy conditions.....A+!

Sqautch , i think you may be out of luck on aftermarket right now. I checked a few sites and don't see any yet. Kinda new , but , ? The factory turkey tube is .670 ? that should work for now until someone makes one. Just gotta pattern a lot of different stuff to find what she likes. Curious what a turkey looks like after a 3 1/2 heavy shot turkey load with duplex #5 and #6 in the melon .
    congrats on a cool gun , out of my price range .

I knocked over a 24# tom last yeat at 55yds with the Rem 3.5" 4's! However, I am going to try some Heavi Shot 3.5" 4's this year. I tried about 4 different manufacturers loads in 4, 5, and 6's last year, and the Rem patterned the best so far....except I have not tried the Heavi Shot yet!

Anyone know of an aftermarket maker of a specialty turkey choke for the Versa Max?

Anyone?
    God, family, guns/archery, work.....that is my biography!

Anyone know of an aftermarket maker of turkey chokes for a new Remington Versa Max?

Are the threads any different then other remington chokes? Are chokes for semi autos any different than for pump guns? Just wondering if you could use a choke for an 870 or not?

The new Rem has a longer forcing cone, and protrudes from the barrel....not the same chokes...but thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast