Thread: General Question

General Question

Hi every one, Are there any self-defense tactics I can use without receiving specialized training?

Initial training from a qualified instructor(s) (for whatever discipline), Repetition, and continual practice is the BEST way. As far as self-taught 'defensive tactics' goes, I doubt it. I have been a LE Defensive Tactics/PPCT instructor for many years now and tere's a lot more to it then meets the eye. Prior to that (in my younger days) I was deeply involved in amateur boxing (Michigan State Golden Gloves middle weight champ Open Class, 19978-1979, 1980-1981), and that takes a lot of training as well.
    The devil made me do it the first time. The second time I done it on my own!

Call of duty will get ya prepared. Seriously I think you need training from an instructor. For the best benefit. You could get videos and try it on your own but then you don't have that qualified feedback and correction
    STRAIGHT SHOOTIN, PORK EATIN, RED BLOODED INFIDEL

Went to a ladies self defense class but in the end if anything happens I hope my husband is around because I wasn't very good at it.