Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Remington 700 vs Winchester Model 70

Remington 700 vs Winchester Model 70

I thought this might be an interesting thread. Mostly because I just had to make this dicision recently when I was looking at getting a 30-06. I went with the Winchester but I still plan on getting the Remington in a different chamber. What are your thoughts on these two great rifles?

It's a win win situation, no matter which rifle you have.
    I prefer Winchester because of the control feed and massive claw extractor.
    There are thousands more accessories for the Remington though.
    I would give the Remington a slight edge in accuracy on average.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittarius View Post
    It's a win win situation, no matter which rifle you have.
    I prefer Winchester because of the control feed and massive claw extractor.
    There are thousands more accessories for the Remington though.
    I would give the Remington a slight edge in accuracy on average.
    It's according to when the Winchester was manufactured, if it has the control feed and massive claw.

They are both fine rifles, and I own a number in both, but if you ask custom builders, you will find most going with the 700.

rem700.MADEINUSA

Another vote for the Rem 700....I have had both, an in my experience, the Rem was more accurate!

I think felt recoil with the Winchester 70 feels more to me compared to the same caliber in other rifles. I agree, the accuracy edge goes to the remington in my book! I think I'd go with the Rem 700!!

Ken

rem 700 in 270cal...

both the winchester and the remington are fine guns,but the real sleeper in guns right now is savage they are making a very fine rifle right now and they are probably the most accurate gun you can buy out of the box and trouble free.remington does have a flaw in them that only happens to us mountain hunters and hikers,the bolt can fall open if bumped ,its because you can not lock bolt with safety , i have pulled gun up on animals i wanted to shoot and the bolt was open and the cartridge was missing its has happened to many times for me to ever use one again this includes some of the guys i hunt with too.good luck in your choice .my favorite deer gun is a custom ruger no.1. in a 257 weatherby, but my go to all weather gun, mountains or spare deer rifle is always my savage 300 mag. that gun will never fail me.Pete53

have them both and you can't go wrong with either, but I like the three way safety on the Win. other than that I love em both

both good guns. in my opinion, the mod 70 looks better, but the 700 would most likely be the more accurate of the two out of the box

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast